Monday, January 20, 2014

What Was I Waiting For?

“You may delay, but time will not.” ~ Benjamin Franklin

I put off writing this post. Why? Because it had been so long since I’d written one that I felt intimidated. Surely if I posted something it would need to be fantastic in order to justify breaking such a long silence. And while ideas for posts have crossed my mind in the past several months, nothing seemed stellar enough; too much time had passed – and continued to pass – as I thought about whether or not to do it. Maybe writing one post would obligate me to write more, and I wasn’t sure I was ready to post more regularly.

Maybe you see what I’m getting at – that we can find a lot of reasons to keep ourselves from doing things we want to do:  That we may set our expectations too high, that we might be overly worried about the future implications of what we want to do now, or that we’ve just delayed too long already.  

So, what are you putting off? And how valid are your reasons for doing so? I'd love to know what you decide you can do. 

All the best,

~ Sophie

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're back! It's hard to put yourself out there no matter what. If you are doing something for the right reasons there is never a wrong time. Thanks for the inspiration and push!!

    ReplyDelete